Yes, it’s possible to use a CSV to bulk attach assets to your Shopify products. That means you won’t need to attach them individually.
Which plan do I need?
You will need any paid plan, starting from the Basic plan.
Important instructions for the CSV
All assets are automatically linked to the products via the SKU. Please ensure everything is spelt correctly. Otherwise, the asset will not connect to the product.
- SKU – This is your stock-keeping unit. You can assign a unique code (SKU) to each product & variant on the Shopify product page
- Asset name – This is the name of the asset. You must include the file extension! Example – filename.mp4
There is a 30MB upload limit for a CSV file.
What if I want to attach multiple assets to one product?
If you want to attach multiple assets to a single product/variant, just create another row and add the same SKU, and then add the new asset name beside it. Example below:
How to do it
Step 1 – Upload your assets if you haven’t
You will need to upload all of your assets to Downloadable Digital Assets.
- Go to “Assets”
- Click the “Upload new asset” button
- Click the “Add files” button or drag and drop the files into the box.
Step 2 – Fill in the CSV template & upload it
- Go to DDA
- Click on “Assets“
- Click on the “Upload new assets” button
- Click on the “Bulk upload / attach using CSV” button
- Download the CSV, fill it out, and then upload it again
Download the CSV and then input the data into the CSV:
- Your product SKUs
- Your asset names
IMPORTANT – you need to make sure that the “Asset name” and “Product SKU” are spelt correctly. Otherwise, the connection will fail. Also, it is crucial that you include the file extension (eg. .mp4) in the asset name.