Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that enables businesses of all sizes to sell their products online. With its robust features and user-friendly interface, the site is an excellent choice for anyone looking to start an online store. But does Shopify support digital downloads?
Shopify supports digital downloads. The site allows merchants to sell digital products, such as PDFs, MP3s, movies, zips, eBooks or anything digital. All you need is the DDA – Digital Downloads app, which allows you to upload and manage your digital products on Shopify.
This post will look at how digital downloads work on Shopify and some things to consider when selling downloadable files with your online store. Read on for more details.
Here are the Digital Downloads you can sell on Shopify
When it comes to digital downloads, Shopify is an ideal platform for businesses of all sizes. The site allows you to easily upload and manage your digital products, and it supports a wide range of different file types.
Some of the most popular downloadable files you can sell on Shopify include:
- PDFs: This is a popular format for delivering electronic documents, such as ebooks and manuals.
- Zip files: Zips are folders that have been compressed into one file so that it’s easy to send a collection of files over the internet.
- MP3s: Whether you’re selling music or audio clips, Shopify makes it easy to list and sell your MP3 files.
- Movies and video clips: If you want to offer films or video content as digital downloads, you can do this with Shopify.
- Podcasts: Shopify also supports podcast downloads, which makes it easy to sell and deliver your latest episodes.
- All other file types: In addition to the file formats mentioned above, Shopify also supports every other digital file type, including image files and software programs.
How Digital Downloads work on Shopify
As mentioned above, for digital downloads on Shopify, you’ll need to install the DDA app. Shopify doesn’t have an in-built system, so their Shopify experts created this app.
The app makes it easy to list and manage your downloadable products from one convenient location.
Here’s a look at how this app works:
- Upload your files. To get started, simply upload your digital files to Shopify using the DDA app.
- Attach the files to your Shopify products. Once the files are uploaded, link them to the products in your store so that when they are ordered, the files get delivered.
- Customise your settings. Simply add limitations if you want, customise your email delivery template, add protection features and much more.
Here’s a video walkthrough on how to sell digital downloads on Shopify:
How will my files be delivered to my customers?
Using the DDA app, files will be delivered in three methods:
- Via email
- On the Thank You checkout page
- In the customer account order pages
Can I sell downloadable files on Shopify?
You can sell downloadable files on Shopify. Many stores offer downloadable products, such as software or eBooks. In addition, many Shopify merchants use digital downloads to complement their existing physical product businesses and brands by adding things such as PDF guides.
There are a few things to keep in mind when selling downloadable files on your Shopify store:
- Ensure your files are protected so they can’t be easily copied and shared without permission. The DDA app makes it easy to add password protection and watermarking to your products.
- Learn more about mistakes to avoid when selling digital products.
Key takeaway: Overall, if you’re looking for a platform that makes it easy to sell and deliver digital downloads, Shopify is an excellent choice. With the DDA app, it’s easy to:
- Upload and manage your files
- Set protection features
- Add product descriptions, offers, and more
So if you’re looking for a platform focused on all things digital, Shopify is a great choice.
So there you have it – an overview of how digital downloads work on Shopify! With this knowledge under your belt, you’re ready to start selling digital products on your store – whether it’s digital art or tutorials – and make some money off of them too.
Remember to install the DDA app and start configuring your digital products today!