The contact us page on your own online store is crucial as it is where your customers can go to find quick resolutions to most of their problems or queries. A contact us page also helps you build stronger trust with your clients during online shopping in case they need any help.
Your contact us page needs to be helpful and easy to let customers get in touch with your support team. Adding one on Shopify is pretty straightforward when using their dashboard. Here is a quick and easy way to add a contact page to your Shopify store:
A step-by-step guide: How to add a Contact Us page
1. Go to your Shopify dashboard > Online store > Pages
- First, head to your Shopify dashboard
- Go to “Online store” > “Pages“. You should see this in the left-hand menu, and you can access your store pages.
Most new Shopify themes will have a contact page already as a template. But some themes may not.
Then you can find your current default page simply by searching for “contact”, or you can create a brand new page.
If you want to create a new page, select the “Add page” button in the right corner of the Shopify admin in the dropdown menu.
2. Go to the Contact page & enable the “Contact” template
The way Shopify adds a contact page is quite straightforward. They have a contact form template that is automatically set up and ready to go. You may just need to enable it.
On your contact page, just make sure that you have the “Online store” template set to “Contact“, as shown in the image below.
Selecting “Contact” will use the default contact template that Shopify has created. This will place a contact form on this page. Here’s an example:
Now you can begin filling content in the page editor to customise your contact page further.
Once you begin to type, the search engine listing preview will begin populating with your meta description and title tag as it will show up in Google search engine results.
You can click “Edit website SEO” if you want to change this. You can choose from various Shopify themes, which will affect how your page is displayed and how you’ll be able to customize it when in the theme editor. You can also use a drag-and-drop page editor if you like.
Once you have added all of the relevant details, save your page.
If you created a new Shopify Contact page, you would need to update the links in your footer and header menu.
- Head to the Online store > Navigation
- Click on a menu so that you can add or update your Contact page link
5. Test the contact form
You should always test the form to make sure everything is running smoothly. If it doesn’t work, make sure you check some of the diagnostics below.
Is your Shopify contact form not working?
- Go to your Shopify settings > Store details > Contact information. Then make sure the email that you have is working. You can also set up the email to send from your own email address using Shopify’s email settings.
- Make sure you are on a paid plan.
- Test the email sending by going to “Settings” > “Notifications” > next to the affected email, click “Send test notification”.
Your built-in contact form and page should be accessible from almost anywhere on your site, and adding navigation links makes it much easier for people to find and access your pages.
Essentially, having great support is part of what makes a successful eCommerce business.
There you have it. That’s how simple it is to add a contact page to Shopify. Feel free to contact us if you need any help!