Tags are added to products on Shopify to help your customers find them without stress. They also keep the products in your store more organized for you to access them anytime. But what happens when you no longer need them and they need to be deleted?
Deleting tags on Shopify is an easy process. Once you open your chosen product page, all you need to do is click on the (X) sign next to the tag text and then click on the save button. You can also bulk-delete tags by selecting all the products and clicking “Remove tags”.
In this post, you’ll find out how to delete Shopify tags in detail. I’ll also cover how to delete bulk tags to make it quicker to clean up your storefront.
Selling digital products? Learn how to sell digital products on Shopify with file protection. We crafted the most trusted Shopify digital downloads app created by Shopify experts.
Recommended Shopify app (built by us)
DDA – Digital Downloads
Digital product delivery on Shopify + file protection.
This includes unique features no other app has, such as email tracking, fraud protection, file protection, IP address download limits (stop users from sharing the files with others) and much more.
Deleting Shopify tags from products, orders & more
You can remove tags from anywhere you originally placed them. Whether the tags are associated with products, transfers, blog posts, orders, customers, or draft orders, you can remove them using the same three easy steps.
- Open the product page or the tagged item (transfers, customer, order, draft order, or blog post) you want to alter.
- Next to the tag you want to remove, you should see the symbol “X“. Click on it.
- Click on “Save“. The tag will disappear.
- You will need to remove that same tag from all products to completely delete that tag from your Shopify.
Note: If you use this method, you will instantly remove the tag from the specific product, transfer, blog post, order, customer, or draft order.
How to bulk delete tags
You can also delete tags from multiple products, transfers, blog posts, customers, orders, and draft orders at once. For this example, we are going to be removing them from products, but the same applies to other methods. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Shopify dashboard and click on any tagged category (products, transfers, draft orders, or customers) you want to alter. We are using “Products” for this guide.
- Select the checkbox to select all products and click “More actions“.
- Click on “Remove tags“.
- Select any tags you want to remove.
- Click on “Save“.
Note: You can only delete order tags from a mobile device. The rest require you to access a desktop device.
As you can see, deleting Shopify tags is a relatively simple process – all you need to do is choose whether you want to edit a single product page or delete tags in bulk and then choose the method you prefer.