Email Tracking is a unique feature that other digital download apps don’t have on Shopify.
You can find this feature on the “Order” pages. If you go to the app > go to “Orders” > click on an order > scroll down to Email Tracking.
What plan do I need?
You will need the Growth plan or higher to unlock Email Tracking.
Reasons why it’s helpful
Some reasons why Email Tracking is helpful are:
- Some customers claim they have not received the email and go to their bank to file a chargeback saying they have not received the products.
- Understand how customers interact with your emails.
- Increases trust and professionalism
- Improves your overall brand
About Email Tracking
This gives you the ability to see:
- If your customer has opened the email
- If the email has bounced
- Type of email that was sent
- If there was an email sent
Note: Email tracking takes about 5 minutes to update on the order page. This is due to the email system updating and sending us the data to show.
Types of emails
- Download delivery email – the normal download email sent with an order
- File replace email – when replacing an asset with a new version
- Pre-order email – when using release dates