You might ask, “What are digital products?“. It’s not uncommon to find businesses selling digital products, such as ZIP files, PDF documents etc., on Shopify. Shopify is a popular eCommerce website creation platform where business owners can set up an online store for their business. It’s built for any level of skill, allowing pretty much anyone with a computer to own an online store!
So, how do you sell zip files on Shopify?
Di cosa ho bisogno?
- Un negozio Shopify
- The Fileflare Shopify app installed on your store (unlimited bandwidth, orders, and products)
What is a Zip file?
You are probably already aware of what a Zip file is, but if you aren’t, keep reading this section. A Zip file is basically a folder of items that can be sent over the web as one. Instead of having to send multiple files one by one, you can Zip them up and send them as one file.
This is also great because it reduces the file size by compressing the data. Learn more about Zip files. You can also use our file transfer app for professionals if you want to send files over the web.
Steps to sell Zip files on Shopify
If you are reading this, I’m guessing you already have a Shopify store set up, but if you don’t, you can quickly create a Shopify account here. If you have an existing Shopify store, you may skip step 1 and move to step 2.
1. Create a Shopify account (if you haven’t already)
After creating an account, you would need to choose a suitable theme for your shop and use engaging text or copy to attract customers. Shopify offers a 14-day free trial for people who do not want to dive headfirst into a monthly or yearly plan.
Sarebbe meglio se passaste i 14 giorni di prova a costruire il vostro negozio utilizzando temi già pronti (in questo modo potrete trovare quello più adatto al vostro negozio) e cementando il nome e il logo della vostra azienda.
Dovete anche assicurarvi di avere un'idea chiara dello scopo della vostra attività e, naturalmente, un prodotto digitale completo (in questo caso, un file zip). Sarebbe utile anche avere delle immagini che raffigurino il file zip che si vuole vendere.
2. Create a Zip file (if you haven’t already)
È necessario un prodotto prima di iniziare, ma in ogni caso continueremo a supporre che abbiate già un file Zip pronto.
Creating products in Shopify
If you just created an account, you will need to set up your product in Shopify first. Follow these steps to create products in Shopify:
- Navigate to your Shopify dashboard and go to the “Products” page
- Poi cliccate su "Aggiungi prodotto".
- Here, you can enter the necessary details about the product: ensure that you include how the Zip file solves your buyer’s problems and how it benefits them to improve their lives.
Note: After creating your product in Shopify, navigate to the shipping section of the product edit page and uncheck the “This is a physical product” option. If you do not do this, Shopify will assume that you are selling a physical rather than a digital product. This means it will deliver shipping emails and account shipping costs into the checkout if you don’t disable it.
3. Install the “Fileflare Digital Downloads” app
Shopify doesn’t have an in-built system to sell digital products and Zip files, but they have an app store with plenty of choices. We have one that leads above the rest, which includes unique copyright protection features, brandable customisation and much more.
You can get the Fileflare app from the Shopify app store. Install it on your store and follow on to the next step.
4. Caricare il file Zip nell'applicazione
- Go to the “Apps” page in Shopify and open the Fileflare app
- Andare alla pagina "Attività".
- Fare clic sul pulsante "Carica nuova risorsa".
- Caricare il file Zip
5. Attach the Zip file to your Shopify product
Next, you need to attach the Zip file to the right product that you created in Shopify’s dashboard. You can do this by:
- Accedere al file Zip dalla pagina "Risorse".
- Fare clic sul file Zip
- At the bottom of the box, you will see a search box saying, “Attach this asset to products“. Use this to select the products that you want the Zip file attached to.
6. Place a test order
Questo è l'ultimo passo, ma è essenziale. È necessario effettuare un ordine di prova a un'e-mail personale per assicurarsi che il processo funzioni.
You can place a test order in many ways. It’s best if you take a look at how to place a test order in Shopify here.
Se si riscontrano problemi con l'e-mail, assicurarsi di controllare la cartella spam. I client di posta elettronica stanno diventando sempre più severi a causa della quantità di spam in circolazione.
If you get stuck, be sure to check the Fileflare checklist to make sure your store is set up correctly to deliver digital goods.
Una volta fatto questo e ricevuto il file Zip, potete iniziare a personalizzare lo stile per adattarlo al vostro marchio. Scoprite come fare qui:
- Come personalizzare i modelli di e-mail e le informazioni
- I migliori metodi per evitare che i clienti condividano i download digitali
- How To Enable Customer Account Digital Downloads on Shopify
Video tutorial on how to add Zip files to Shopify
It has never been easier to start a business than it is today. As long as you know what you want to sell, be it physical products, digital products, or services, platforms such as Shopify make the process as stress-free, enjoyable, and fulfilling as possible.
If you get stuck with anything, please contact us, and we will get back to you quickly.